Search Stuff...

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Failures of the Modern Church

This Saturday night I attended Victory Christian Church, a local mega-church, and noticed how many lives they changed in just one night. It was a saturday evening service, their smallest congregation of about 500. My home church has an average congregation size of 130ish, and all of us are homefolk. Atleast thirty people were saved this evening, and my home church hasn't saved a life in a year. When a church is that successful it makes you wonder what they are doing differently. Victory Christian Center is just one of those places that you feel GOD is there. Skelly, my home church, has not had a "GOD moment" in years...What are they doing different?
I have decided that the difference is prayer. prayer. Prayer is a word that is tossed around an awful lot. When I personally pray I usually don't feel the connection between me and GOD. But tonight I truely talked to GOD. I actually felt that weird tingly feeling that exist only when GOD is there. After tonight I have decided that in the success of our church we need GOD. Without Him we are saying we can do it alone. And I dont know about you. but I can not do anything without GOD.

--casey

No comments:

Post a Comment